If you’re like most coffee lovers, you take your caffeine fix seriously. You want the perfect cup of coffee, brewed to perfection, and you’re not afraid to experiment with different methods and machines to get it just right. Well, we’ve got good news for you: we’ve done the hard work for you and found the best drip filter coffee machine for Australians.
We’ve looked at international products that ship to Australia as well as local products, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible cup of coffee. With our help, you’ll be able to find the perfect machine for your needs and get back to enjoying your favourite beverage.
In A Hurry? Here’s A Quick Summary Of The Article
- 1 11 Best Drip Filter Coffee Machines In Australia
- 1.1 Most Rated – Melitta 640616 Coffee Maker, 52 oz, Glass Carafe
- 1.2 Best Grind and Brew – Cuisinart Automatic Drip Filter Coffee Machine
- 1.3 Sunbeam 12 Cup -PC7900 Auto Brew Drip Filter Coffee Machine
- 1.4 Breville Aroma Style Drip Filter Coffee Machine
- 1.5 De’Longhi Clessidra Drip Coffee Machine
- 1.6 Smeg 50s Retro Style Filter Coffee Machine
- 1.7 WACACO Portable Drip Coffee Maker
- 1.8 Best Overall – Moccamaster KBGV Select Drip Filter Coffee Machine
- 1.9 Best With Thermal Carafe – OXO Brew 8 Cup Drip Filter Coffee Machine
- 1.10 Melitta Aroma Elegance Deluxe Drip Filter Coffee Machine
- 2 Drip Filter Coffee Machine: Buying Guide
- 3 Tips When Buying Drip Filter Coffee Machines
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 FAQs
11 Best Drip Filter Coffee Machines In Australia
Most Rated – Melitta 640616 Coffee Maker, 52 oz, Glass Carafe
Melitta 640616 Coffee Maker-52 oz, Glass Carafe is the perfect way to make a great pot of gourmet coffee. The slow drip tip delivers a richer, more flavorful cup. This kit includes a carafe, brewing cone, lid & scoop, plus a start-up supply of Melitta #6 cone filters.
The heavy-duty plastic filter cone is top-rack dishwasher safe.
Melitta agrees that pour-over brewing makes the best coffee. Just place a paper filter in the pour-over, scoop in your favourite coffee, pour hot water over the grounds & enjoy.
Melitta invented coffee filters in 1908 & they bring over a century of experience & care to their gourmet coffees, filters, coffee pods, coffee makers, pour-overs & carafes. Melitta is dedicated to the perfect brew.
What customers say:
- The slow drip tip delivers a richer, more flavorful cup.
- The heavy-duty plastic filter cone is top-rack dishwasher safe.
- The kit includes a carafe, brewing cone, lid & scoop, plus a start-up supply of Melitta #6 cone filters.
- Some customers wish the plastic filter holder was ceramic instead of plastic.
Best Grind and Brew – Cuisinart Automatic Drip Filter Coffee Machine
Cuisinart’s Grind and Brew Automatic Drip Filter Coffee Machine is designed to produce the best possible cup of coffee, every time. Using freshly ground beans and Cuisinart’s built-in blade grinder, the Grind and Brew Auto makes up to 12 cups of coffee in just eight minutes.
It also features a programmable 24-hour auto-start function, so your coffee is always fresh and hot – perfect for those mornings when you need an extra pick-me-up or after a dinner party.
The Cuisinart Grind and Brew Auto also come with a glass carafe and hot plate to keep your coffee hotter for longer and a permanent professional gold-tone filter to preserve the taste of your coffee. Plus, with two charcoal filters to purify your water and stop the build-up of limescale, you can be sure that every cup of coffee you make with the Cuisinart Grind and Brew Auto is of the highest quality. 3-year guarantee included.
What customers say:
- Programmable 24-hour auto-start function, so your coffee is always fresh and hot.
- Comes with a glass carafe and hot plate to keep your coffee hotter for longer.
- Comes with two charcoal filters to purify your water and stop the build-up of limescale.
- 3-year guarantee included.
- The lid doesn’t have a hinge and flick lever.
The Sunbeam 12-cup drip filter coffee machine is the perfect way to start your day. With the ability to programme the brewing process to begin at a time you select, you can wake up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee every morning.
The easy-read water gauge ensures that you always use the correct amount of water for the desired number of cups, while the hot water delivery and anti-drip valve optimise the flavour of the brew.
Additionally, the Keep Warm Plate allows you to keep your coffee warm for up to 2 hours after brewing, so you can enjoy a delicious hot cup even if you’re not able to drink it right away. Whether you’re a coffee lover or just looking for an easy way to make great-tasting coffee, the Sunbeam 12-cup drip filter coffee machine is a perfect choice.
What customers say:
- You can wake up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee every morning with programmable brewing.
- Hot water delivery and anti-drip valve optimise the flavour of the brew.
- Keep Warm Plate allows you to keep your coffee warm for up to 2 hours after brewing.
- If you’re making big jugs of coffee, the filter likes to overflow. Wouldn’t go past the 10-cup mark as reviewed by a customer.
- The machine dispenses water faster than it can drip it out the nozzle. Sometimes can be messy to clean up.
This programmable coffee maker can brew up to 12 cups of hot coffee in just 10 minutes and allows you to adjust the brew strength to suit your taste. The multiple flow system dispenses hot water evenly over ground coffee for optimum extraction, while the non-drip valve system means you can remove the carafe at any time without making a mess.
What customers say:
- Value for money
- The size is good, its footprint won’t take up a lot of counter space
- The hotplate does a good job at maintaining the coffee temperature if you want refills
- Programmable coffee brewing
- Adjusts the brew strength from regular to strong, at the touch of a button.
- It’s easy to clean – the Carafe can be put in the dishwasher
- The glass carafe may feel too thin
- Customers are concerned about the durability of the lid hinge on top of the machine in terms of how long it’s going to last with all hot steam.
De’Longhi’s Clessidra Drip Coffee Machine not only looks fantastic, but it also brews an excellent cup of coffee. With its unique hourglass design and advanced brewing system, the Clessidra meets the highest standards of coffee preparation.
The machine is equipped with a shower-like outlet that distributes water evenly over the coffee, ensuring the maximum intensity of the brew. The heated glass plates and ceramic carafe help to keep the coffee hot without sacrificing flavour.
The machine also features an anti-drip device and a descaling feature for easy cleaning.
Whether you’re a coffee aficionado or just looking for a great cup of coffee, the De’Longhi Clessidra Drip Coffee Machine is sure to impress.
What customers say:
- Beautiful design
- Brews an excellent cup of coffee
- Shower-like outlet distributes water evenly over the coffee, ensuring the maximum intensity of the brew
- Heated glass plates and ceramic carafe help to keep the coffee hot without sacrificing flavour
- Anti-drip device and descaling feature for easy cleaning.
- Drips water over the hot plate when you pull the jar, although advertised differently.
- Doesn’t maintain your coffee warm for too long.
Smeg’s 50s Retro Style Filter Coffee Machine is a great addition to any kitchen. With its programmable automatic start function, you can set it and forget it.
The machine also features adjustable intensity levels and water hardness to adapt to your taste. Plus, it has a 1.4L water reservoir, 1.25L carafe capacity, and 10-cup capacity, so you can make plenty of hot drinks for the whole family.
The water level indicator lets you keep track of when the container needs refilling. And, if you need more coffee, the machine sends audible alarms to signal the need for descaling or when brewing is finished. So, if you’re looking for a great coffee machine that looks good and performs even better, Smeg’s 50s Retro Style Filter Coffee Machine is a perfect choice.
What customers say:
- Looks elegant
- Programmable automatic start function
- Adjustable intensity levels and water hardness
- 1.4L water reservoir, 1.25L carafe capacity, and 10-cup capacity
- Water level indicator
- Audible alarms for descaling and brewing completion
- Pooer customer service by SMEG
The WACACO Portable Drip Coffee Maker is the perfect way to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee on the go. This convenient and Portable Drip Coffee Maker makes it easy to brew fresh, hot coffee anywhere you go.
The only drawback is that the use for the coffee filters is tailored to the Japanese filters – with a sharp downward gradient. Instead, the Earthtopia Hario 01 (Hario V60 01) permanent filter is a perfect match. The measuring spoon could easily be smaller or shorter for transport. Otherwise, this portable drip coffee maker is completely convincing.
What customers say:
- The perfect way to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee on the go.
- Coffee filters are tailored to Japanese filters.
- The measuring spoon could easily be smaller or shorter for transport.
Best Overall – Moccamaster KBGV Select Drip Filter Coffee Machine
Moccamaster has been making top-of-the-line drip coffee machines for over 50 years, and the new Moccamaster KBGV Select is one of their best models yet. This sleek and stylish machine makes it easy to brew either a half or full carafe of coffee, thanks to its handy selector switch.
It also features a glass carafe and an automatic drip-stop brew-basket that stops the flow of coffee when the carafe is removed. Plus, the hot plate’s independent heating element ensures that your coffee is kept at the perfect temperature, no matter what amount you’ve brewed.
Best of all, Moccamaster Coffee Brewers are handmade in the Netherlands and backed by an industry-leading 5-year warranty. So if you’re looking for the perfect cup of coffee, Moccamaster is the way to go.
What customers say:
- The machine is well built and looks great
- Brews coffee quickly and at the correct temperature
- The machine is expensive
- Stagnant water can sit in the machine if not emptied regularly.
This coffee maker is engineered with BetterBrew™ precision brewing to control water temperature, water volume and brewing time, so you can be assured that your coffee will taste great.
The Rainmaker™ showerhead distributes water evenly over coffee grounds, while the integrated bloom cycle allows for optimal flavour extraction. The double-wall, vacuum-insulated thermal carafe keeps your coffee hot, so you can enjoy a delicious cup of coffee anytime.
And the drip-free valve lets you pour a cup without interrupting the brewing process. The sleek, stainless steel design looks great on any countertop and is sure to make a great addition to your kitchen.
What customers say:
- The machine gets the water hot enough for excellent extraction.
- The sleek, stainless steel design looks great on any countertop.
- The double-wall, vacuum-insulated thermal carafe keeps your coffee hot.
- The drip-free valve lets you pour a cup without interrupting the brewing process.
- The machine has a 2-year warranty.
- You can’t set it to brew coffee for when you wake up.
Start your day with a smooth, richly flavoured cup of coffee from the Melitta Aroma Elegance Deluxe Drip Filter Coffee Machine. This machine brews exceptional coffee thanks to its optimal brewing time and temperature, and its aromatics ensure that even small quantities of coffee are full of flavour.
The removable water tank holds enough water for 10 large cups (125ml) or 15 small cups (85ml), and the programmable warm-up time means you can have your coffee ready in as little as 30 minutes.
The borosilicate glass jug preserves the heat and flavour of your coffee, while the dishwasher-safe filter holder and automatic shut-off make it easy to keep your coffeemaker clean and safe. With a 5-year warranty, you can be sure that your Melitta Aroma Elegance Deluxe Drip Filter Coffee Machine will provide years of trouble-free enjoyment.
What customers say:
- The machine is easy to use
- The coffee tastes great
- The machine is well-built
- The machine has a Calc function that doesn’t seem to work properly.
Drip Filter Coffee Machine: Buying Guide
What is a Drip Filter Coffee Machine?
A drip filter coffee machine is a type of coffee maker that uses hot water to drip through ground coffee beans to produce a cup of coffee. The hot water passes through the grounds and filters down into a carafe or pot below. This brewing method produces a richer, fuller-bodied cup of coffee than other methods such as the French press or espresso.
Tips When Buying Drip Filter Coffee Machines
When it comes to choosing the right coffee maker for your home, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
When it comes to choosing a coffee maker, one of the most important considerations is carafe capacity. After all, you need to make sure that your coffee maker can produce enough coffee to meet your needs.
The carafe is the pot or container that the coffee drips down into, and you’ll find models with carafes of 4, 10, or 14 cups. Of these, the 12-cup carafe is the most popular. It’s important to note that the actual capacity of the carafe may be less than the stated capacity.
For example, a 12-cup carafe may only hold 10 cups of coffee. When choosing a coffee maker, be sure to factor in carafe capacity to ensure that you’ll be able to make enough coffee at one time.
If you’re not a morning person, one of the best features you can look for in a coffee maker is the ability to program it to turn on at a certain time. That way, you can wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee, without having to do any work.
Many coffee makers have this feature, but some brew much faster than others, so if you don’t need the extra time, you can save yourself some money by avoiding models with this feature.
Thermal Carafe Vs Hotplate
Another nice feature to have is the ability to keep your coffee hot for a long time after it’s been brewed. This is especially handy if you like to take your time drinking your coffee, or if you need to step away from the machine for a few minutes before coming back to finish your cup.
The debate on whether to use a hot plate or thermal carafe for your coffee maker is far from settled. There are pros and cons to each choice, depending upon what you’re looking for in terms of taste vs cost-efficiency!
Glass carafes tend to be cheaper but the hot plate heats coffee further, which over- extracts oils and makes it taste bitter. Additionally, the warming pan has to constantly stay on for its temperature – this uses more energy.
A thermal (or steel) container keeps your beverage at an optimum brewing rate of 57-97 degrees celsius so you can enjoy a better-tasting drink with less hassle; however, they are usually more expensive than glass alternatives as well.
When choosing a drip coffee machine, you’ll notice that there are two main types of filter baskets – flat-bottom and cone-shaped. While the shape of the filter basket does influence what type of paper filter you’ll need to buy, it also has an effect on the taste of your coffee.
This is because the shape of the filter changes how water flows through the ground coffee, impacting the extraction process.
If you enjoy bright, fruity coffees, then flat-bottom baskets are known to best highlight these flavours.
On the other hand, if you prefer darker, earthier coffees like those from Sumatra, then cone-shaped baskets are often a better choice. Whichever type of coffee you prefer, pay attention to the shape of the filter basket when selecting your drip coffee machine.
Water is an important part of making coffee – in fact, it makes up around 98% of your cup! So it stands to reason that the quality of your water will have a big impact on the taste of your coffee.
If you’re using tap water that’s high in mineral content, or water that’s been sitting in your kitchen sink for a while, you’re not going to get the best results. That’s where a water filter comes in.
By filtering out impurities and chemicals, a water filter will help to ensure that your coffee tastes its best. Of course, using a water filter does come with some added effort and expense – you’ll need to replace the filters regularly. But if you’re serious about making great coffee at home, it’s definitely worth it.
Now that we’ve looked at the best drip coffee machines for Australian homes, it’s time to choose one. Consider what you need from your machine and how much you’re willing to spend. Once you’ve decided on those factors, it’ll be easy to find the perfect machine for your needs. With our help, you can enjoy a delicious cup of coffee made just the way you like it. Thanks for reading!
Is drip filter coffee good?
There are many different ways to make coffee, and each produces a unique drink. Some people prefer drip filter coffee because it’s easy to make and the results are generally consistent. Drip filter coffee also has a clean taste that some people prefer over other methods. However, it’s ultimately up to the individual to decide what type of coffee they like best Machines require a lot of maintenance?
Drip coffee machines are generally very easy to maintain. The main thing you’ll need to do is descale the machine on a regular basis – at least every few months, or more often if you live in an area with hard water. You’ll also need to clean the filter basket and carafe after each
Do drip coffee makers need filters?
Yes, drip coffee makers do need filters. The filters help to trap unwanted particles and sediment from entering the coffee maker and affecting the taste of the final brew. It’s important to keep the filters clean and replace them as needed in order to ensure the best results.
Is Kmart Drip Filter Coffee Machine worth it?
At the time of writing this article, there was a no-drip filter coffee machine sold by Kmart. The Kmart espresso coffee machine was the most popular coffee machine within the Kmart product range among Australian customers.
How often should I clean my coffee maker?
You should clean your coffee maker at least every few months, or more often if you live in an area with hard water. You’ll also need to descale the machine on a regular basis to keep it running smoothly.
- (February 26, 2019). Can Filter Basket Shape Affect The Flavor of Your Coffee? https://perfectdailygrind.com/2019/02/can-filter-basket-shape-affect-the-flavor-of-your-coffee/
- Thermal Carafe Vs Hotplate. What’s The Best Drip Coffee Maker In 2022? – Retrieved from https://www.homegrounds.co/best-drip-coffee-maker-reviews/